A Q & A with Barry Hearn, Chairman of World Snooker

Barry Hearn is currently the Chairman  of World Snooker. I spent some time today asking my pal a few questions.

When did you first become involved in snooker?

I became the chairman of Lucania billiard halls in 1983.

What was your first snooker event?

My first event was the southern area amateur snooker finals - terry Griffiths v Sid hood.

Do you play snooker and what is your highest break?

I was a money player not tournaments. In those days my best break was 56 and in practice 88.

What changes do we have to look forward to in snooker?

Bigger events and more prizemoney.

What is your proudest snooker moment?

Without doubt Steve’s first world title in 1981

Do you have any regrets?

Regrets are for people that look back. I only look forward.

Are you a perfectionist?

Yes and a control freak.

What do you like doing outside snooker?

Fishing golf gym in that order.

If you have a favourite player to watch, who is it?

Ronnie.

Does criticism hurt you?

Never. I have skin like a rhinoceros.


Many thanks to Barry for sparing some of his time to contribute to my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which way, left or right?

Place your bets

The Beckham of the Baize